Michel de Montaigne




"Chaque homme porte la forme entière de l'humaine condition" (Every man bears the whole form of the humane condition), Michel de Montaigne, Essais, III, 2.

"Je suis homme et rien de ce qui est humain ne m'est étranger" (As a man, nothing that is humane is alien to me)Terence, Heautontimoroumenos, v 77.


As Montaigne warning his readers that they shouldn't waste their time in such a "frivolous and vain subject" ("ce n'est pas raison que tu emploies ton loisir en un sujet si frivole et si vain"), I also must warn my readers that my blog has no other purpose but to entertain myself, to delude myself with the idea that I, too, can write...about literature...movies...politics...religion...family...how to survive in the U.S when you are from the Old Continent...and more. Quel bazar en perspective! (what a mess, indeed!)

Adieu donc.


Romain Gary

Thursday, September 16, 2010

An introductory note to my readers.

As Montaigne warning his readers that they shouldn't waste their time in such a "frivolous and vain subject" ("ce n'est pas raison que tu emploies ton loisir en un sujet si frivole et si vain"), I also must warn my readers that my blog has no other purpose but to entertain myself, to delude myself with the idea that I, too, can write...about literature...movies...politics...religion...family...how to survive in the U.S when you are from the Old Continent...and more. Quel bazar en perspective! (what a mess, indeed!)
 Adieu donc.

2 comments:

  1. "my blog has no other purpose but to entertain myself"
    what a wonderful self-fulfillement (& accomplishment :)
    it should be: "my blog has no other purpose but to entertain ITself ;)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you A-Z for your comment, :)

    ReplyDelete